
Thursday, January 21st
We have progress!!! Today has been a wonderful day considering all that we have been through over the past 3 days. Mallorie took a bottle this morning and ate a HUGE breakfast of fruit and her favorite Chinese delicacy: rice cakes. She sat in the high chair and let MOMMY feed her. I know that sounds like nothing special, but this is from a child that would not even let me into the hotel room without screaming 72 hours ago. I still can't hold her, but I am thankful for answered prayer. She is laughing today and babbling along with saying "da-da". Very few tears which is a HUGE improvement. Today we attend a birthday party for 2 of the little girls in our group that turn 1 year old. We have such good friends here with all of these parents. I will miss not having them around to chat with and share concerns. Yesterday we ventured out of the hotel and shopped in a Chinese book store. I picked up some baby books that have lots of pictures with both Chinese and English writing. No appt's today which is a blessing. We leave Changsha tomorrow night and head out for our last destination: Guangzhou. We will have lots of appointments and legal matters to attend to on the last leg of our China journey. 7 more days and we will be on our way home. I miss home, very much.
For those of you who have been praying, keep it up. I see God's hand all around us and if it weren't for the comfort of Jesus, moma would have lost it by now. I have spent some time in the hotel bathroom crying to Him knowing that He hears me and will work all of this out. We have a nickname for our little girl which is "Spicy girl" - that sums it up just right....
Stay tuned.....
No comments:
Post a Comment