Today we travel to the Great Wall and hike in the bitter cold. I am interested in seeing the site but not looking forward to the freezing cold temperatures. We had
a meeting yesterday preparing us for Gotcha Day. Our guide is preparing us for how the children may or may not react to us. Most of the families in our large group
are here to get older, special needs children from Shanghai. It is really touching. These children have been told that they are going to America with their new families and the orphanage has been showing them episodes of "Growing Pains" in an effort to familiarize them with American culture. How funny is that??? Stephen met a family in the lobby yesterday that had just received their 3 year old daughter and she had deformities of her legs. He witnessed some local men laughing and pointing at the child and her American parents. Very sad....We went to a Chinese acrobatic show last night and it was COOL. I didn't know that the human body could bend in such positions. I am a little homesick already. I wish we could get Mallorie today and be on our way home. There is no place like America. Only 2 days in China and I greatly appreciate my homeland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kelly and Stephen,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like they are keeping you very busy. I know you are taking lots of pictures so we can all share when you get home.
I was wondering how the jet lag was from the trip over to China. It was a long flight and you were not feeling that well beforehand.
Mary