"For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I ask of Him"

1 Samuel 1:27





























1.18.2010

January 17, 2010 Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City






You guessed it, more touring today for the weary travelers. Today was a fun day, with some hilarious tour guides. One guy told us to call him "Herbie" because his vision of America is the movie "Herbie the Love Bug". Not only were we to call him "Herbie", but he called us ALL "Herbies". Whenever it was time to continue our tour he would yell out "move Herbies" or "come Herbies"!! I was tickled at this. Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City were fairly interesting but we continue to be very cold during our tours. Another day where the temp was low, I believe around 14 degrees for the high today. Our last leg of the tour was the Hutong Village which is an older manner of housing in China. We rode "rick shaws" throughout these "alley" homes and even met an actual family living in the area. This particular home had been part of their family for 70 years. One older gentleman carried around a wooden box in his shirt with large crickets in the box. I never really understood why this was so, but I was none the less interested. Check out the pics...
Soooo, we get baby Mallorie in just under 24 hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment